Stress affects everyone from time to time and entrepreneurs are no exception. Unfortunately stress can create or exacerbate many health issues such as increased blood pressure, headaches, body aches and pains, ulcers, colitis, asthma, diabetes, and depression.
Many people assume that when they become self-employed, their stress will end. However, stress levels tend to max out for entrepreneurs who are trying to juggle too many plates or constantly worry where the next client will come from.
1) Try deep breathing before you start your day and whenever you feel stressed.
2) Meditate or pray. Connect with God or your Higher Power.
3) Get moving! Run, walk, swim, bike, shoot some hoops, or listen to some fun music and DANCE!
4) Spend time in nature. Take a few minutes to enjoy the great outdoors.
5) Find a creative outlet such as art, music, photography, etc. Take a little time out each day to do something creative.
A great way that my clients and I beat stress is through drumming. Nothing feels better than whacking on a drum! I use drum therapy to help kids and adults focus, feel better, and move forward FAST!
Dori Staehle lives in the Raleigh, NC area and is the owner of Next Stage Drumming. She is a certified drum therapist, ADHD coach, speaker, and author of Find Your Divine Rhythm: A Creative’s Success Formula. Dori can work in-person or virtually with individuals and groups. For more info, contact Dori here.
*Updated in July, 2020.