In addition to helping people heal through drumming, I also help people rock their personal brand. What I’ve noticed is that when people aren’t attracting clients or fans (or getting job offers), this is a strong indication that:
1) You aren’t clear about who you are and what you bring to the table.
2) You aren’t sure who your ideal client, fan, or company is.
3) You’re not projecting confidence.
4) You don’t have a solid personal brand.
The last factor is extremely evident to me when I look at websites, business cards, and social media profiles. This, in fact, is the first thing I do before working with a client. It’s often not what’s there but what’s not there:
1) Your photo (or one that looks professional)
3) Well-written copy and catchy tagline
4) Colors that pop (and good design features)
5) Good, consistent posts that match your brand
6) A freebie on your website to draw more clients or fans
7) Signs of activity or events
8) Contact info (Yes, I’ve seen this left off of business cards and websites!)
9) Your “Why”
10) A good personal profile (Hint: It’s not supposed to read like a resume!)
If people are “bouncing” off your website in 40 seconds or less, this is not a good sign. This means that your website either isn’t engaging, people don’t get it, or you’re targeting the wrong peeps (Check your Google analytics if you don’t know your bounce rate.). I’m keeping it real in this quick video to further drive the point home:
I often meet people who have so much potential and who I know can go far in their industry but they have a snoozy or outdated brand. They’re not owning who they are and the amazing things they bring to this planet. Many have faced some setbacks which have eroded their confidence. Like I said in last week’s post, you’ve got to get back on the horse and rock what you’ve got!
Remember: Clarity + confidence = clients + cash. Once everything lines up, your purpose becomes really clear and you become unstoppable!
Have you tweaked your brand? What were the results? Feel free to leave a comment below.
Dori Staehle lives in the Raleigh, NC area and is the Chief Encouragement Officer and Rhythm Maker at Rock the Next Stage. She is drum healer, inspirational speaker, author, and coach. Dori’s mission is to help people get unstuck and heal so they can do what they love and rock their brand from the inside out. If you’d like more info, you can contact Dori here.